Sunday 12 December 2021

Christmas Trees

I had a rather un-festive start to my day, which involved a supermarket shop, cutting my replacement drain cover to size (the last one blew away in the recent storms), and then, just to top it off, I needed to clean the drain pump filter on my washing machine, after it had stopped mid cycle with a drum full of water. Thankfully, after taking an age to empty the machine manually, the problem was quickly rectified and the offending hair tie removed :)  

I've spent a little while tidying and clearing today. I know it won't be long before the clutter begins to accumulate once more, but for now, at least, the house is looking a lot better. The dining table is visible again, which will come in very handy for when I commence the gift wrapping. I feel quite organised this year with my wrapping paper, ribbons and tags etc. all neat and tidy in their own box. Although, I'd be even more organised if I was actually putting them to use!

This afternoon we went out to visit a charity Christmas Tree festival. It is an annual event where you can buy tokens, which you then donate to your chosen charities as you view the trees. It is always lovely to see the displays and it raises some much needed funds for worthy causes. 

I will leave you with some pictures of my favourites. 










J. X

28 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Lametta for years - I thought they had stopped making it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to sèe it as well. There were strands lying on the floor beside the tree - I remember it always used to get everywhere. X

      Delete
  2. They are all delightful! I wonder which one you chose as your favourite. Good you are organized and ready for the gift wrapping. I always forget to check I have enough Scotch tape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were all lovely in their own way but who can't resist a cute little elf :)

      Delete
  3. Sorry your day started off with problems but at least you got them sorted fairly quickly.The trees are lovely and the next to last photo looks really pretty 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Like I don't have enough to do at this time of year :)

      Delete
  4. You sound wonderfully organized for the holidays! Such pretty trees, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm not sure about that ;) Maybe I'll feel more in control once the gifts are wrapped. X

      Delete
  5. The trees are all so beautiful and I love that bee (being a Manchester lass) :-)
    You are very organised and there is still plenty of time for gift wrapping, twelve more sleeps until the big day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes! But only one week until school finishes ;) X

      Delete
  6. Those trees look so much fun - I love them. It's a great way to raise funds for charity, isn't it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The festival was quite busy when we visited, so hopefully they will raise plenty of funds for those charities. X

      Delete
  7. They're all so pretty. We finally got our tree up yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The trees are beautiful and what a lovely idea. I'm always organised with my wrapping stuff too but it soon turns into organised chaos haha, I remember one year my youngest sons then Chinese girlfriend came to stay over Christmas and she took over the gift wrapping, I couldn't believe my eyes when I got home from work, I have never seen gifts wrapped so beautifully they were immaculate and it took a huge burden off me that year gosh that's 9 years ago how time flies. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of wrapping the gifts beautifully and I usually start off with good intentions, but more often than not I become more and more slapdash as time goes on. X

      Delete
  9. All the trees are lovely. I wish there was a Christmas tree festival near me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are becoming more and more popular these days. X

      Delete
  10. What a lovely idea, wonder if they do something like that nearer to home? hmmm , shall investigate.
    I love the mushroom tree - making felt mushrooms ornaments at the moment - of all things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are becoming quite popular now. I hadn't seen this festival advertised, so it was by chance I heard about the event.
      Felted mushrooms! I cant wait to see them :)

      Delete
  11. What fun!!!

    And the village lights were lovely tooooooo.

    Enjoy!

    "Miss B.B."
    🎄⛄🌟🔥🎄🎅🔥🌟⛄🎄

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are gorgeous! I need to clear off my table and clean it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember the last time the table was completely clear :) X

      Delete
  13. A lovely festive post, the trees all look wonderful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon. X

      Delete