Thursday 15 December 2022

Cold

 


I really don't tolerate cold weather very well at all, but I haven't found the recent low temperatures too unbearable, that is until today. It has been freezing all week, and so incredibly chilly that I made sure Lily has been wearing a pair of leggings underneath her school trousers each day! But it was -9° when I took her to school this morning! A little 'fresher' than I would like. 
It also doesn't help that I have been feeling tired today, as I had woken several times during the night.

An ordinary day, it began as usual for me, by putting some food down for Mog and Boo. Who, if appearances were anything to go by, hadn't eaten in days :) Next, I topped up the bird feeder, with a reminder to myself to buy some more fat balls next time I am in town. I also put out some fresh water and some small pieces of bread. We've been receiving plenty of visitors on these frosty mornings. My favourites, as always, are the robins.

This afternoon, I was, again, helping at the Warm Space event in the village. And after it proved to be so popular last week, I baked some more of the mincemeat shortbread, which went down a treat, and disappeared just as quickly.

An unexpected, last minute cancellation of plans, meant we have, at least enjoyed a less hurried evening.  Now, it is an early night for me, as tomorrow I will be spending the day rounding up Shepherds, Wise Men and Angels!


J. X

12 comments:

  1. Delicious looking... hope you got a really refreshing night's sleep.

    💛🎄💛🎄💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. On this occasion I actually did! Xx

      Delete
  2. That looks delicious, and very Christmasy. It is cold up here, too. I love what all the snow does for the plants and trees, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to see a covering of snow. It makes everything look so very festive. X

      Delete
  3. Yum to mincemeat shortbread! That's on my list for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be baking some more myself again this week. X

      Delete
  4. -9° !!! Now that is cold.

    I love Robins too, they are my favourite birds.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to look for some mincemeat to make that delicious sounding recipe of yours! Hope you manage to keep warm in those cold temperatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been wrapped up well against the cold. X

      Delete
  6. The mincemeat shortbread looks delicious, at least it's warming up a bit now, though is rain preferable to the cold, I'm not too sure. X

    ReplyDelete