Saturday 10 December 2022

Watching

It had been a regular Friday morning. We were looking forward to the end of a busy school week, then driving out to see some Christmas lights in the evening. But by lunchtime, Lily was looking worryingly pale and complaining of feeling cold, both of which are most unlike her. And instead she was actually feeling rather hot. 

There have been many cases of illness in school recently, several requiring hospital treatment, so I knew to keep a very close eye on her. 

I brought her home and she spent the afternoon lying on the sofa, often struggling to keep her eyes open. She even fell asleep on a couple of occasions, with Boo by her side. But I thought it that she should stay there rather than going to bed, as it would be much easier to keep a close eye on her. I was grateful that despite her now flushed face and feeling hot, her temperature was only slightly above normal. That said, I was half preparing myself for a visit to the hospital later in the night.

It is early morning now, and she seems to have slept okay. I will check her temperature again shortly, and take things from there.

It will also be very telling when she wakes up and sees what has arrived during the night. ❄️

J. X

16 comments:

  1. Snow, I presume - I do hope Lily feels well enough to enjoy it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it had snowed overnight, and it looked so lovely first thing this morning. Unfortunately, on this ocassion, Lily wasn't up to enjoying it. Xx

      Delete
  2. Hope she’s feeling better today and she can enjoy the snow 🤞🏻B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, Lily seems much better than she was yesterday, but still not well enough to enjoy the snow. Xx

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear that Lily isn't well I hope she wakes feeling much better, I can't wait to see her surprise night arrival. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I am relieved to say that Lily is feeling a little better now. Not enough to enjoy the snow, however. Xx

      Delete
  4. Hope all is well for you both. Have seen much news coverage of Step A infections and it is a big worry for all parents, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jayne. I knew something was wrong just as soon as I saw her. And that had been my main concern, especially as she has never been one for complaining.
      Thank goodness, she appears to be getting better now. Xx

      Delete
  5. I hope Lily is feeling much better this morning xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christina. Lily has been resting today, and she seems to be making a recovery. Xx

      Delete
  6. Oh I'm so sorry...I understand how much worry it is when kids are ill. We try to do all we can to make them comfortable while keeping a close eye on their symptoms because they often can't describe just how they feel. I think curling up with Boo is sweet ... maybe he sensed that she needed a little TLC from him. I hope things are much better in the new day, and that she's feeling stronger...try and get some rest yourself, this is hard on Mom, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. Yes, it was a worrying night, especially as Lily struggled to explain quite how she was feeling. She has been resting today and looks a little better. And hopefully I will manage to enjoy a more restful night's sleep. X

      Delete
  7. I'm reading this a little late ... do hope Lily feels well soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear that Lily was not well on Friday. Hope she is feeling much better, now. Yes, it is worrying for parents when the children are ill, whether they are 9 or 29 (my daughter is ill, too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just caught up with your news. I do hope your daughter will be feeling better soon. Xx

      Delete