Wednesday 21 December 2022

Merry and Bright

 


Post title unashamedly 'borrowed' from the gift tag, which was attached to one of the very lovely and thoughtful gifts I received today. People can be so kind. 

I can't say I'm feeling terribly merry or bright just yet. I'm leaning more towards exhausted and wrung out :) It has been a rather eventful couple of days, after all.  But today was my last working day until the New Year, the car has had it's new tyres fitted, and I have some very exciting things to look forward to. Not least tomorrow, when I will be travelling somewhere I have been looking forward to going to for a long time now :)

It has been a day filled with sparkle and laughter. Wonderment and joy. And I am beginning to think I will feel much more relaxed now that I have finally finished for the holidays. I have most things crossed off my list now, having delivered my very last Christmas Card this evening. I just hope I haven't forgotten anyone. I only have some food to get in, which I will do towards the end of the week, and the gifts still to wrap - of course! :)

There was some more excitement this evening, when Lily was awarded the Student of the Month trophy at her Karate Class. I am so very proud of her. She only started the sessions in March this year and it is something she really enjoys. 

Another early night again for me. I have a busy day again tomorrow. 

J. X


14 comments:

  1. My post of 'Happy & Holly' was blatantly thieved off a festive candle - some days I can write the post but struggle for a title.
    Well done Lily - you go girl! 🥋
    The festive feels are slow here too - am trying especially as the boys and their girls have all landed, think it is coz I am tired too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading your posts again, Kate, whatever their titles ;)
      I hope you and your family enjoyed a peaceful and relaxing festive season. X

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Lily, my grandson started Taekwon-Do earlier this year and he loves it. It sounds as if your days are so busy no wonder you are feeling tired, I hope that you will be able to relax more and enjoy the season now that work is finished for the holidays. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I am surprised how well Lily has taken to her Karate lessons, she really enjoys them. X

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to her!!! I think such classes are wonderful.

    Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, BBB. The classes are just amazing to watch. X

      Delete
  4. Well done to Lily for being awarded the Student of the Month trophy at her Karate Class :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. She was beaming with pride. X

      Delete
  5. Congratulations to Lily! Well done!
    I hope you will start feeling more merry and bright as you relax over the Christmas holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh well done Lily on the award. Can’t wait to see where you are travelling to. I’m guessing further north. B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Lily! Got to love a karate chopping girl. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lulu. Christmas was quiet and relaxed. Just as I like it. X

      Delete