Thursday 9 December 2021

Found Them!

I hardly stopped yesterday.  A last minute rearrangement of plans in school meant that Lily ended up staying with me for the morning, therefore, any plans of my finishing the Christmas shopping were well and truly scuppered. The errands I could still get on with, we did together. Before we set off I prepared dinner in the slow cooker. It's always good to know there is something prepared for when I finish work. 

Some jeans got returned - a little too snug for me - oops! We took a parcel to the post office, then finally we went shopping for our new tree decoration. On returning home, I received a lovely and most unexpected surprise. My amazing friend, who I've known for many years now and who is aware of my difficulties in getting a full night's sleep, sent me the nicest little care package. It contained some spiced apple, vanilla and camomile tea, some chocolates (always welcome), also some lavender pillow spray, bubble bath and oil. What a thoughtful gift. The chocolates have already disappeared :) and I tried the pillow spray last night. It hasn't made any difference so far, but it does smell lovely. I messaged her immediately to express my gratitude.

With Lily then dropped off at school, I dashed straight from work to meet some more friends for coffee, then it was back to work again until 6 o'clock. By this time I was feeling pretty tired and wasn't really in the mood to start thinking about the tree, but I had promised, and Lily was determined to decorate it on the 8th.

Fortunately, once the lights were hung and I began to unwrap all the decorations, it wasn't long at all before the tree was finished and we could stand back and admire our handiwork, complete with the dried orange slices. 

And you can probably guess what I discovered right at the bottom of the decorations box...


J. X

22 comments:

  1. Soounds like a case of all's well that ends well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have known. It's always the same when things are put away somewhere 'safe'. It usually means they're well hidden :)

      Delete
  2. So pleased you found them :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They look cute on the kitchen tree. X

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I don't think I could have looked hard enough the first time. Xx

      Delete
  4. Glad you found them - At this time of year I keep discovering things - it is hard to know where to put things sometimes so you don't forget them. I have to hide Christmas things from the grandchildren at the moment and there is a danger they will be too well hidden and be overlooked.x🎄🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had almost forgotten about my blackberry vodka. It is sitting right at the back of the kitchen cupboard, so I must remember to get it bottled up this weekend. X

      Delete
  5. Goodness, what a day, no wonder you were exhausted. Well done for getting the slow cooker set up before you went out though, so lovely having a hot casserole ready for you when you're tired.

    Of course the bells were at the bottom of a box - always in the last (and most unexpected) place you look. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a long day, it is lovely to enter a warm house, knowing dinner is already prepared. X

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you found them, the bells are lovely. The gift from your friend sounds nice and very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the bells just after Christmas last year. I thought they might look cute on the little kitchen tree. X

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you finally found them, they look very pretty. My mum would have said "They weren't lost, you just didn't look properly" :) My favourite colour is actually red but I prefer the white ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad those little bells turned up. What a lovely friend to think of you and send you a care package, it sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. She is a very dear friend. We have been through a lot together. X

      Delete
  9. Fantastic friend, so thoughtful. I'm glad you found your treasures. It's so annoying when things go missing, or not where you thought they'd be. Take care. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so good when you have that one true friend,who you know you can trust in any situation,who will listen to you and be supportive,better than all the money and material things.Loving your sweet lil bells.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having her as my friend is a true blessing. X

      Delete
  11. What a kind friend to send you that care package. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so thoughtful. I just wish we lived closer to one another. X

      Delete