Monday 12 December 2022

Herdy Bauble

 


Every December I buy a new decoration for our tree, and this year was to be no exception. Only this one I got way, way back in January, and tucked it away safely in a drawer. That was until last weekend, when I took great joy in finally hanging it up on our Christmas tree.

This gorgeous little sheep bauble has been hand felted from actual Herdwick fleece, and he has the most adorable expression. He is sitting beautifully, high up on the tree, in between Peter the Polar Bear and Glittery the Mouse Angel, who are keeping a watchful eye on him Now he just needs a name.

J. X

20 comments:

  1. Aww that is so sweet.
    'Herdy' is adorable :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see he is going to be a favourite. Xx

      Delete
  2. He is absolutely gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost as gorgeous as the real thing. Xx

      Delete
  3. He is cute! He looks like he's smiling! I hope you and Lily give him a nice name. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Herdwick Sheep are known for their 'smile'. X

      Delete
  4. What an adorable ornament! Felt ornaments just might be my favorite. We always buy at least one new ornament every year. Last year I started a new tradition of gifting a new ornament to Charlotte on Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute I love sheep ornaments he looks like a Herbert to me. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it! Herbert is a strong possibility. X

      Delete
  6. Oh he is gorgeous, I love that he is felted from Herdwick fleece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the attraction. As well as his adorable expression :)

      Delete
  7. What a lovely new sheep decoration for your tree. I'm sure he will be very happy making friends withPeter and Mouse angel .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. He hasn't caused any trouble so far ;)

      Delete
  8. What a lovely decoration, Herdys are so cute. You could just call him Herdy. :)

    ReplyDelete