Friday 1 December 2023

December

Well, it would seem I previously spoke a little too soon about turning corner but I think I am now finally on the mend. All aches and pains have all but disappeared and I'm even feeling grateful that my overwhelming fatigue has once again been replaced by feeling tired for an actual reason. It is a busy time of year at work and excitement is slowly building. I arrived this morning to one of my colleagues playing 'All I want for Christmas is you' at full blast, which got everyone feeling festive, and was quite a rousing start to the day. I just hope we don't all peak too soon. 

As many of you know, I like to post a little something each day on the run up to Christmas. Over the years I've gotten to enjoy these chatty little posts, reminders of familiar Christmas traditions and creating new ones. 

As in previous years the advent stockings have been hung above the fireplace. It's been a long time since I needed to lift Lily up so that she could reach inside for her chocolate each morning. As she gets older no doubt our traditions will change slightly,  but I hope we can always capture the magic of the festive season. After all you should never be too old to search the skies on Christmas Eve.

J. X


22 comments:

  1. Absolutely right, I totally agree. Capture and hold onto the joy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to continue the old traditions, as well as creating new ones. Xx

      Delete
  2. I look forward to your festive December posts. I’m hoping to post a little more often too this month. Enjoy the season. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing how everyone chooses to celebrate (or not) the festive season. Xx

      Delete
  3. Good to know you are on the mend Jules and feeling more like your usual self. Your advent stockings are very cute. The magic of Christmas never leaves us xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. The virus really knocked the stuffing out of me but I'm feeling much better now. Xx

      Delete
  4. We had advent stockings once. Before the kids, some contained mini-bottles of whisky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A small bottle of whisky would fit perfectly :)

      Delete
  5. Christmas is all about the magic for me, and I don't have any children at home. Glad to hear you've finally turned that corner and that you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. Yes, for me it's not about gifts, but creating special memories. X

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you are feeling better. Those Advent stockings are so cute! I hope the tradition of hanging them up continues for a long time to come. Looking forward to your daily posts leading up to Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bless. I knitted these stockings when Lily was very small. I will have to look back to find out exactly when I made them now :)

      Delete
  7. I am glad you feel better. The little stockings are super cute x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! So glad to hear you are feeling better. And yes. My kids are grown, with Flynn being fourteen. Yet, we still have the Christmas Magic in our home. Always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Billie Jo. I think it's important to always keep the magic of the season in our hearts. X

      Delete
  9. Hi. It's so nice to see and update from you and I'm glad to hear you are felling better and on the mend. December really snuck up on us this year and we didn't get around to buying an Advent calendar - they were all sold out at two different Trader Joe's we visited which is where we always buy them from. My daughter was a little bummed, but she found a cute new Christmas mug instead. I'll be sure to shop for one much earlier next year. Looking forward to your daily posts this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia. The last couple of months have been a bit of a struggle, but I'm feeling much better now.
      I'm sorry your daughter missed out on an advent calendar this year. Have you thought about an online one instead? X

      Delete
  10. Hope each day you are feeling a little better, Jules.
    I love seeing your Christmas stockings hanging up over the fire place. Glad to see you are also doing a daily post and I will try to visit you often x

    ReplyDelete