Wednesday 6 December 2023

Frosty Morning

It had been freezing cold during the night. This morning the garden was iced over, so I ventured out very carefully to replenish the water in the bird feeder. Snowy was still standing, complete with his hat and scarf, although he was looking much slimmer than when we'd first built him. 

After I'd dropped Lily off at school, I came home and ate breakfast - delicious hot porridge, drizzled with syrup, a ideal warmer for such a cold morning. It may have been chilly, but it was a gorgeous, sunny start to the day, so I decided to walk into work. The frosty landscape was sparkling and the ground crisp beneath my feet. It was the sort of cold that made your ears and fingers tingle, and I was very grateful for my woolly hat and gloves. 





It's been an funny sort of day. At work we've almost reached a stage of anything goes, and there's so much going on just now that I can hardly keep up. It's Christmas Jumper Day tomorrow, so I really mustn't forget that.


This evening I was able to collect two more Christmas gifts that I'd ordered. It sounds simple enough but the traffic was so busy that it took ages just to drive to the store and back. I'm glad I've got them though, as there's one, which I need to deliver this weekend and the other, well, I wasn't confident it would actually turn up. 

J. X

16 comments:

  1. Haha a slimmed down Snowman, perhaps you could call him Frosty the Snowman now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's an idea. But sadly, his head fell off earlier today. X

      Delete
  2. It looks like you might have a white Christmas! You sound very organized with your Christmas preparations! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, a white Christmas is very unlikely. I would be wonderful, however. X

      Delete
    2. You would be wonderful, whether it is a white Christmas or not! :D

      Delete
    3. That will teach me to reply using my phone :D

      Delete
  3. I do love this weather for the beautiful photos you can take but it can be a bit of a trial to get anywhere. We dithered at the weekend about going up to Scotland after we heard of the bad weather in Cumbria and the closure of the M6. With little information available on the news and weather we even cancelled the hotel stop at Carlisle on Sunday morning and then decided to risk it and go up after all in the afternoon and rebooked it for Sunday night. We had a good run up - the only evidence of a large amount of snow was at Tebay services. I am hoping there isn't more bad weather forecasted and we don't have to go through a similar 'dither' when we are due to go back down to Yorkshire on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely to hear from you Viv. And I hope you and your family are keeping well.
      You were very wise to be cautious while you were travelling. So many people were caught unawares.
      I hope you will enjoy a safe and trouble free journey home. Xx

      Delete
  4. Loely frosty photos. Expect frosty has goned to that land where all snowmen eventually go - just a memory now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect that is where he will be by the morning. X

      Delete
  5. It was bitterly cold here too, yesterday. Much milder today but very dark and gloomy and now it is raining. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we've also seen a return to the more familiar wet weather today. X

      Delete
  6. What wonderful pictures! I love the berries!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the frosted berries looked really pretty. Xx

      Delete
  7. Such lovely frosty photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a beautiful morning. I couldn't resist taking a few snapshots. X

      Delete