Wednesday 27 December 2023

Hunkered Down

 


I'm not entirely sure where the day has gone and, fuelled by copious mugs of coffee, I've achieved very little besides making a considerable dent in the Roses chocolates. 

In sharp contrast to yesterday, the weather has been terrible, or else I would have gone out for a walk. The heavy rain and strong winds have been unrelenting, and I've been hunkered down indoors, tree lights on and candles lit, trying in vain to cling on to any remaining festive spirit. I've also used the weather as an excuse to try and enjoy a well earned res, but I think I need some lessons on how to relax - I've been feeling twitchy all day :)

Blogger has been up to it's old tricks. I don't know what happened to my previous post, but I think I've managed to salvage it. That said, I've still had to retrieve some earlier published comments from spam - does anyone know why  that happens? 

Tomorrow, I'm putting in place a plan of action. I'm going to look ahead to next year and make a list of things I'd quite like to accomplish. Things I'd like to do, places I'd like to go etc. I've had a few ideas already, but I also think it's about time I stepped out of my comfort zone.

J. X









16 comments:

  1. I think a day of rest and relaxing after all the pre-Christmas rush is a good idea. I do hope that you are able to teach yourself how to relax. :) Hope the weather improves, tomorrow, and you can go for another walk.
    I've had previously posted comments and some of my own replies show up in my spam folder. I've no idea why it does that! I just click on publish and say it's not spam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just not very good at sitting still, Bless :) I would love to get out for a walk but this weather is unrelenting. Xx

      Delete
  2. Wasn't yesterday's weather awful. We had a terrific thunderstorm last night, frightened me how close it was. Making plans for next year sounds a wonderful idea.
    Blogger can be a complete mystery at times. I did leave a comment on your post but only your photos appeared but they were lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what happened to my post, or why any comments disappeared. Fingers crossed it's all sorted now.
      I hope Tilly wasn't frightened by the storm. X

      Delete
  3. I do like a list of things to do, in fact I make list for everything, some are only in my head. At this time of year my garden notebook is out, I am sketching and planning. Today is our wet and windy day, so the dec's are coming down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of lists :) I write one most days, as it's the only way I can remember what needs to be done. I also have several lists on my phone of places I'd like to visit. Xx

      Delete
  4. I don't really like to stay in and prefer to go out each day even if its just for a coffee but when I stay in I must admit that it does me good to bumble about for a day. Don't feel guilty, enjoy.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very good at bumbling. I'd much prefer to be out and about but the weather is so awful just now, it's impossible. But I should really try and make the most of it, as I'll be back at work on Tuesday. Xx

      Delete
  5. Weather was appalling here too Jules definitely a day for 'hunkering down'. I spoke to my friends over your side of the country (Grange over Sands) and they told me what the weather was like. Slightly better today - shower at the moment but only light. Good luck with your plans for the New Year and best wishes to you and to Lily. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the weather has been fairly awful everywhere these last few days. I'm just so glad we managed to get out for a walk on Boxing Day. Xx

      Delete
  6. A perfect day, like ours as the rain slashed down outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it doesn't show signs of stopping. X

      Delete
  7. Yesterdays weather (Wednesday, as I type this) was terrible, it's thankfully been a little better today.

    Blogger does seem to have glitches from time to time, it's always best to keep checking spam folder.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope the weather will improve soon, although I realise some people have had it much worse. Xx

      Delete
  8. Blogger does seem to like playing tricks now and then doesn't it ! I am very fond of lists myself, so I shall be joining you in making a few plans for 2024.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to have a list. I'm looking forward to reading what you have planned. Xx

      Delete