Thursday 28 December 2023

The In-Between Days

It's been another quiet day, spent indoors. While the rain, once again, lashed at the windows, I busied myself with tidying the house and attempting to restore some sort of order, now that the festivities are behind us. I'm resisting the urge to start taking down the decorations. I don't usually do this until after we've seen in the New Year but for some reason I'd quite like to have the house back to normal before then. I'll leave them up for now, although  I might change my mind again tomorrow. Right now, I'm not even certain what day it is.

I've been looking ahead to next year and making some plans. I've already booked two short trips away, which I'm really excited about. There's another mini adventure I have in mind for me and Lily. And I've even been persuaded to sign myself up for something, which will be a bit of a challenge. This might just be the year I say 'yes' to more opportunities, instead of coming up with reasons why I shouldn't bother. 

J. X


14 comments:

  1. HI Jules. The sun finally returned today after three very rainy and gray days. I was so happy yo see blue skies this morning. I went for a nice, long walk this afternoon. I hope the weather clears up soon for you. We took our Christmas decorations down yesterday as I was ready to get the house back in order. I will say it feels good and I actually don't miss them. It's nice to make plans and have things to look forward to in the coming year. I need to get to planning a trip for us hopefully over Charlotte's spring break. I, too, need to say 'Yes' more often in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good long walk sounds delightful. I'm just glad we got out on Boxing Day, when the weather allowed.
      I hope we can all say 'Yes' to more opportunities as we head into the New Year. Xx

      Delete
  2. Your photographs are lovely.
    Good for you to already book two trips, and the mini adventure sounds intriguing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. For a change, I hung my berry wreath on the kitchen door this year. X

      Delete
  3. Oh, I like your last sentence! I should do that this year too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I call this Twixmas, this time between Christmas and the New Year. I leave decorations up until twelfth night. Making plans is a great idea and I'll look forward to reading about your trips away and mini adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i like making plans. There's just so much I'd like to do :)

      Delete
  5. I liked seeing a tray of mince pies on the stove in your picture. I usually keep my decorations up till the 6th of January. I'm not ready to go out and about, yet, so I'll read about your trips and enjoy hearing about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd only just closed the kitchen door. It looked nice and festive, so I thought I would quickly take a picture of it. X

      Delete
  6. So far this week, I've had 2 Wednesdays, 1 Friday, 1 Sunday and today must be Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still not sure what day it is, but I do know I start back at work tomorrow. X

      Delete
  7. Glad that you are starting to get a few ideas and plans together for 2024. So far we have a couple of holidays booked for Summer and our son's wedding in August. Hope it is a good year for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you have an exciting year ahead of you. Xx

      Delete