Wednesday 13 December 2023

Mince Pie

 

When I said that I had bought this year's tree decoration from Liberty, I don't suppose anyone thought it would be a felted mince pie. Me neither, but we thought it was so cute that we couldn't leave without it. It is also far more suited to our tree than any of the glittery baubles they had there. 

It's been a tiring day. There has been so much going on at work and I've been rushed off my feet. Even so, it has all been rather lovely, but I'll definitely be glad of the rest when I finish next week. 

This afternoon I've been into town to try and finish my Christmas shopping. I'm almost there. Just one more gift to find and another one ordered, which I need to collect in the morning. Then there's the job of getting them all wrapped :) With any luck, I should have everything sorted by the weekend. 

Next week, I'm looking forward to enjoying some unhurried mornings and spending some much needed down time doing whatever I please. In this house Christmas Day itself is always quite a relaxed affair, it's these days beforehand that I find quite challenging. There's always seems to be so much to do and yet very little time in which to do it. 

J. X



24 comments:

  1. I can see why you had to take this felted mince pie home with you.
    It's great :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very unusual ornament. I'm glad it fits in with your theme for the tree. We're almost down to the wire with Christmas preparations, it has come on fast this year, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has! I'm looking forward to finishing work now. Xx

      Delete
  3. A great addition to your Christmas tree ornament collection! I agree with you - the days leading up to Christmas Day tend to be rushed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems as though I still have so much to do. I think I will feel more relaxed once I finish work. X

      Delete
  4. I love your new decoration. It is, indeed, very cute and quite different too. Great choice.
    Won't it feel lovely when it is all done and you can relax and enjoy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy. Yes, I'm looking forward to having all the presents wrapped. X

      Delete
  5. Sounds as though you have been busy and organised, I'm nearly there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm almost ready, Chris. Then I just need to get the food in. X

      Delete
  6. I like your mince pie decoration and very unusual which I like.. So much to do in the run up to Christmas but soon you will be able to relax and enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. It seems such a hectic time of year, but I realise I am fortunate to be in a position where there is so much to do. Xx

      Delete
  7. Getting an ornament for the tree was high on my list, but sadly not this time, I do love the mince pie, have you thought of having a go at making one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real or felt, Marlene? I am very good at eating them :)

      Delete
  8. Rather like that mince pie - no temptation to eat it (can't resist 'real' ones!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just bought myself some more this morning :) And to think, I never used to like them. X

      Delete
  9. I adore your new ornament! Felt ornaments are my favorite and I'm slowly adding more to our tree each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some lovely felted decorations aren't there. We've now got five on the tree. Xx

      Delete
  10. I love that mince pie. I'm not into Xmas decorations but love the quirkiness.
    As usual, I've done nothing about 25th December except send a drunken text to the Dead Relatives Society, inviting them round for dinner, Jon's cooking, I'm pouring the drinks! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good to me. I think I might have told you before about my perfect Christmas day. A nice long walk, followed by veggie lasagne and a decent bottle of red :) X

      Delete
  11. Having made over 100 of the real ones this afternoon, that little felted one looks just divine! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine your house smelled divine after all that baking. X

      Delete
  12. Lovely decoration and so unusual.
    Good luck with the last bits of gift shopping. I'm at about the same stage so shall be joining you with the joy of wrapping them all up next !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beverley. Sometimes I start my gift shopping too early, then forget that I still have so much left to do. It doesn't help that I live where decent stores are few and far between. X

      Delete