Thursday 14 December 2023

Seeing Stars

 


A mince pie isn't the only new decoration on our tree this year. And no, I'm not referring to the cats - neither has attempted to climb it - so far, at least :)

We actually have twelve gold coloured, glass stars. I'd almost forgotten about them, as I'd bought them on sale at the beginning of this year. But they are really lovely, beautifully made and hung with some gorgeous, soft, green velvet ribbon. I still haven't got round to making some dried orange slices, but hopefully I will find the time at the weekend.

This evening, I've been out for an early Christmas meal with some friends. It was such a  nice and relaxed atmosphere, and the food was absolutely delicious. It's not often that I eat a three course meal, so I'm feeling rather full now. 

Tomorrow night I'm off out again! This time it will be for my work's Christmas celebrations. I'm not quite sure what to expect but I've been told it will be quite different to our usual Christmas party. And also, that I should wear something which will keep me warm!

J. X 

18 comments:

  1. They are beautiful and the early Christmas meal sounds just the thing.
    The upcoming celebration sounds intriguing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stars are quite small in size, but they are really lovely decorations. X

      Delete
  2. Your work do sounds like it might be fun. Have a great time:) B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out to be a lot of fun, Barbara. X

      Delete
  3. Your work's Christmas celebration sounds intriguing, seems to be an outddoor event of some sort xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't quite outdoors, but the next best thing. X

      Delete
  4. Love the glass decoration, the lights always shine through glass so beautifully. Oh wear something warm, intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made sure that I was dressed nice and warmly - I even had some hand-warmers in my pocket! Thankfully I didn't need them. X

      Delete
  5. It all sounds so nice...the tree is lovely and getting together with friends - maybe the work party includes a little sledding (on one of those perfect hills!) or caroling in your future...keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sledging would have been fun. I might suggest that as an idea for next year. Xx

      Delete
  6. Intriguing...let's hope it's not ice skating :(...beautiful stars. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly not ice-skating, but that's another good idea for next year. Xx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful glass ornament and quite different, sounds a great meal, 3 course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. The meal was delicious. I'm glad that I chose a lighter option for my dessert. X

      Delete
  8. Lovely glass stars! Sounds like Christmas celebrations have already started! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just by chance that I had two celebrations this close together. Xx

      Delete
  9. I always like the way the Christmas Lights shine through glass decorations.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes them look so pretty doesn't it. Xx

      Delete