Tuesday 20 December 2022

Nativity

 


Yesterday, Lily's school enjoyed their annual Christmas celebration in the village church. I say annual, and yet it hasn't been held for the last two years because of the restrictions. Therefore, this year's service felt rather special, and it was so lovely to see children and their family members gathering together again, after all this time. And of course, nothing is quite so festive than some tiny children acting out the Christmas story and singing 'Little Donkey.' 

It seems like no time at all since Lily played the part of an angel when she was in reception class, and yet next September she will begin her final year of primary school. It has all gone so fast and I'm still in denial :)

The day didn't actually begin terribly well. All the snow had melted away, the car had a flat tyre, and then I was needed at short notice to cover for a colleague who was feeling unwell. Even though it seemed like a huge invonvenience at the time, there was a silver lining. The flat tyre didn't occur when we will be travelling later on in the week. And also it was one of the tyres, which believe it or not, I had already arranged to get replaced at the garage today. Working the additional hours also prompted my new contract to be drawn up, so I will be in my current position until the spring, at least. 

Thankfully, I was able to relax a little in the evening. The day had taken it's toll just a little. Not too long to go now. 

J. X

16 comments:

  1. You're all safe, and that's the main thing. Lovely knitted nativity...if only I had more time to get the needles clattering! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a flat tyre when driving is not a lot of fun. Xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Nativity celebrations in church and hope to attend the crib service at ours on Christmas Eve with the grandchildren. We have had plenty of 'issue' this December and do not have the time to even blog about them if I am to stay on course with the Christmas preparations - pleased everything worked out for you though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you're having a stressful time of things, and I hope things will settle down for you soon.
      Christmas preparations can become all consuming cant they. x

      Delete
  3. Nothing better to start off the Christmas celebrations than a nativity play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The children performed brilliantly. Such a joy to watch. X

      Delete
  4. A sliver lining indeed.
    They do grow up so fast, my boys were often one of the three kings or a shepherd and we have many a story relating to their antics! (including punch ups and sheep stealing just for starters 😆)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! Thankfully, this Nativity was a lot less eventful :)

      Delete
  5. You just can't beat a school nativity, whether held in a Church or school hall ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for your new contract. Must be a load off your mind. Now you can relax and enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. I had sort of expected it, I just didn't think it would be at the very last minute. Xx

      Delete
  7. With all the ups & downs in life, it's so nice to see a silver lining...Christmas blessings indeed! Here's hoping you have time to just unwind and enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when I took a moment, I realised the situation could have been far worse.
      I might even start to relax a bit now. Xx

      Delete
  8. Glad the flat tire didn't happen when you were on the road! Nativity plays are the best, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! That would have been dangerous at worst, incredibly stressful at best.
      I hope your daughter is feeling better now. Xx

      Delete