Tuesday 15 August 2023

Mog

 


I've received several lovely messages asking after Mog, so I just thought I would pop on with a quick update.

Early yesterday morning, I dropped Mog off at the vets for an x-ray. She hadn't had anything to eat since the night before - didn't she let me know about it! - and could only have water to drink until the time of her appointment. A nurse went through the details with me and double checked that all her information was up to date, and then I had to leave. It is definitely reassuring that all my pets have been registered with this clinic over the years, and I know they offer excellent care.

That said, it still felt like a long day, whilst  waiting for the phone call to say she was ready to collect. A house can feel very quiet and empty all of a sudden when there is no one pestering me for food and no need to step over anyone on the way to the bathroom :) Drowsy she may have been, but there was certainly nothing wrong with her appetite, as even though she had eaten a small meal following the procedure, she soon polished off a bowlful of turkey and then went upstairs to sleep it off. 

I thought there might be a problem that she would need to be kept indoors for the next 24 hours. It would mean keeping the cat flap locked (not easy with two cats) and I know she doesn't like to use the litter box. I decided to take a chance and leave it open, and Mog, being such a good girl, didn't go out anyway and I noticed she must have used the litter box just this once. I got up at 5am this morning just to check on her, and she was already waiting for her breakfast.

Having been heavily sedated, she still appears to be quite drowsy, even now, but she's definitely glad to be home again. Regarding her niggling issue, we are still non the wiser as to the cause. But what we do know is that the x-ray didn't show up anything of concern, which as you can imagine is a huge relief.

And as for the withering glares which are still being cast in my direction, I'm sure they will ease off eventually. A small price to pay for my peace of mind. 

J. X


26 comments:

  1. So glad to know she's fine and the x-ray was fine. Poor Mog having to go through the procedure and poor you having to worry about her. No doubt she'll forgive you, eventually. :) Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bless. I'm sure she will. Xx

      Delete
  2. I am so pleased things appear to be OK. It is the down side of having pets. They don't have our life span and they can't tell us how they are feeling - we have to be telepathic to pick up signs - which you obviously are. I am sure she'll be back to her usual self after a few good sleeps - and if there is one thing you can be sure of it is that cats are all brilliant at curling up in a sunny spot and sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mog is incredibly good at finding those sunny spots. They are usually in a place right where I need to be! X

      Delete
  3. They are such a part of our families...glad for the good news! It always weighs on our minds when a trip to the vet is necessary. I need a new vet...long story, but my search will begin next week...yes, I do expect a James Herriot, and no, I'm not sure they exist anymore. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading about your vet problems. I hope you can find someone a bit more reliable. Xx

      Delete
  4. I'm pleased there is no cause for concern with Mog and you can rest easy now and cater to her demands once again xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. And yes, I'm right back to it :)

      Delete
  5. Mine never forgive me after a visit to the vets, food is always they way to their hearts, for mine it's tin tuna, not any cheap stuff, which they turn up their moses to, they only eat the same as me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine like turkey, but occasionally enjoy some tinned fish. Xx

      Delete
  6. Pleased to read this update on Mog, and that is a lovely photograph :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mog has a very gentle looking face, but it rarely shows in photographs. Xx

      Delete
  7. So glad she survived her ordeal! They like to make sure we know they’ve suffered lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is a handsome girl - hope she returns to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the update. Our dear fur-babes can be such a concern. Fingers and paws crossed that whatever is/was going on was temporary and dear Mog can go back to ruling her domain. And that your worry levels can drop a bit . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There haven't been any symptoms these last few days. Long may it last. Xx

      Delete
  10. Withering glances, haha, hope she feels back to her normal self now. 😺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like most cats, Mog is well practised in the art of the withering glare. Xx

      Delete
  11. Glad there was nothing to see from the X ray. I remember those withering post-vet looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a huge relief to know there isn't anything serious behind her recent symptoms. Xx

      Delete
  12. Thank goodness. She sounds like she's being such a good girl.

    ReplyDelete